A private, sunny, detached carriage house located in Uptown (downtown) Charlotte with FREE secure garage parking--just steps from Bank of America Stadium (Carolina Panthers). Enjoy a private entrance, full kitchen, full bath, comfy lounging, featherbed topper, fast wifi, 55" 4K TV, cable, and some Carolina charm. Crown Town Carriage House is perfect for the business traveler, urban explorer, concert-goer, or sports fan. Forego the sterility of hotel life and truly enjoy your stay within Uptown!
Charlotte is our home, and we want you to feel at home here, too. The carriage house is 600 square feet chock-full of homey touches put in place especially for you. You'll find lots of local info and interesting tidbits throughout the space. Enjoy a quick walk to the many sights of Center City, rent a cycle from our city bike system, enjoy several nearby parks and greenways, see a game, see a show, watch your 55" 4K TV with cable, premiums, and streaming, or simply enjoy a bubble bath.
Some things to look forward to:
* You will be located Uptown (within the small downtown loop of I-277), and close to everything in Center City. We are within walking distance of the Charlotte Convention Center, 200+ restaurants, 50+ nightspots, and all companies located in the central business district. Of course, we can't forget the sports and music fans. Our beloved Carolina Panthers play just up the street at Bank of America Stadium; NASCAR Hall of Fame, Spectrum Center (Charlotte Hornets, concerts, etc...), and AvidXchange Music Factory (Metro Credit Union Amphitheater, The Fillmore, etc...) are all within easy walking distance.
* With a private entrance and windows on all sides, the carriage house is completely self-contained--no one lives next to, above, or below you. Plus, you're welcome to park your average-sized car in our secure garage. Keypad access points allow you to come and go as you please—no master key to keep track of!
* We offer a queen-sized bed with feather topper, down duvet, a variety of pillows (with allergen protectors), luxury sheets, and plush towels. Let us know if you have an allergy to down, or would just prefer a poly comforter instead. We are happy to customize your sleep experience.
* You'll find free Keurig coffee (plus tea and electric kettle), as well as a rotating assortment of food and goodies in case you need a quick meal fix. A drugstore (CVS) and grocery store (Harris Teeter) are six blocks away.
* Delight your inner chef and rustle up a meal. All kitchen and dining essentials (including spices) are provided. The dishwasher is stored downstairs, so let us know if you’d like us to set it up for you. Need a special gadget? We might have it--we're pretty handy in the kitchen.
* You'll find a desk and comfortable chair next to the bed. We offer a Bluetooth speaker, charging cords, and extra outlets for your convenience. Lots of windows makes natural light plentiful. Guests say our blinds work wonders at night, though!
* You'll find lots of storage options in the carriage house--a full open closet, hangers, and numerous cubbies at the foot of the bed. Other storage nooks and crannies are located throughout the space.
* If you are with us for an extended stay, we are happy to refresh your linens weekly. Several local wash and fold services offer free delivery.
We want our space to be a jewel in the crown of the Queen City, and we'd love the opportunity to host you at our carriage house!
Disponible para huéspedes
Personalized keypad access and step-by-step check-in info is available within your trip itinerary three days before your stay. Guests have access to the entire private carriage house, including the kitchen, bath, living and sleeping areas. Feel free to come and go as you please.
A private, fenced-in courtyard separates the carriage house and garage from our townhouse. Join us for a chat, or just enjoy the outdoor space on your own.
Atención a los huéspedes
We understand guests are often tired or just appreciate privacy when traveling. We'll follow your lead--we enjoy interacting as little or as much as you desire.
We’re happy to offer self check-in (step-by-step instructions are available within your reservation three days prior to check-in), or we’d be delighted to greet you and give you a tour of the carriage house. No matter your preference, we’re always close by to help or answer questions.
Once we know you are settled in, we are generally hands-off hosts. With that said,
we're always available if you need anything. Messaging through the Airbnb app guarantees a speedy response.
Otros aspectos destacables
**Parking is by permit only due to the proximity of the stadium and Uptown Charlotte. Please make arrangements for FREE secure garage parking (for one average-sized car) or an on-street parking permit (for truck/oversized vehicle). Most Uptown hotels charge a daily fee for parking ($20-$40), and nearby parking can be as much as $80 on event days (like football games). Free secure garage parking adds tangible value and true piece of mind to your stay.
**You are expected to return the carriage house as it was given to you. We don’t like charging cleaning fees, and we don’t think most guests like paying them. Thank you in advance for assisting us so we may offer the carriage house to you without this fee.
**We'd love to host you, but even if the carriage house isn't the perfect fit for you, please support small hosts wherever possible. You make a big difference when you visit local businesses of all kinds--thank you!
- Our key house rule is the golden one. The carriage house is an extension of us and our home. We want you to feel at home here, too.
- We thank you in advance for treating the carriage house with care and returning it as neat and clean as it was given to you.
- All guests (name and association to registering guest) must be disclosed in your introductory message to your hosts. No visitors are allowed unless cleared in advance of your visit.
- Check-in is after 3PM. Please let us know what time to expect you. We happily offer self check-in for your convenience. If you’d like us to familiarize you with the space upon check-in, please let us know so we can ensure someone is home to greet you. Checkout is 11AM.
- If you are driving, arrange for FREE garage parking (car) or on-street permit (truck) in advance of your visit. Lost parking permit or garage door opener will incur a $100 replacement fee.
- The carriage house is strictly a non-smoking property. Since we share the outdoor space with guests, we have found smoking of any kind is not a good fit for our set-up. Thank you for your understanding.
- Due to guest turnaround time, we aren't generally able to offer early/late check-in/out, but we are happy to make arrangements to store your luggage if you have an early arrival or late departure.
- Please observe neighborhood quiet times between 10PM and 8AM. Sound carries, especially in courtyards and common areas. We really like our neighbors, and we want them to continue to like us!
- Please remove your shoes once you have settled in.
- Please read the house manual, which is available within your reservation and in the carriage house. We try to provide lots of helpful info for the carriage house and your visit to Charlotte.
- Make yourself at home, enjoy the carriage house and the Queen City!
We live in Uptown Charlotte, NC with our beloved cats. We enjoy the somewhat suburban feel of Third Ward, while still being a quick 10 minute walk from all of the action. We love sharing the secrets of our neighborhood with others and hope to share them with you, too.
We are fiercely loyal to our Carolina Panthers and Charlotte Hornets, but enjoy and appreciate fans of all teams, all sports, and diversity in general.
Between the two of us, we have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years. Charlie generally hates them because they are not comfortable and familiar (aka "home"), while I like being fussed over and enjoy the excitement of staying somewhere new.
We wanted to tackle both sides of the coin as we began hosting our carriage house on Airbnb. We strive to provide all the creature comforts of home, while providing friendly hospitality and the excitement of discovering a new place.
After you share a homestay with us, we hope very much that you'll say we were up to the challenge. We love both hosting and staying with Airbnb—see you soon!